I have finally reached the end of my initial course of treatment. I visited the surgery today to discuss how things were going with Derek. After 12 sets of aligners and nearly 6 months of brushing and cleaning relentlessly, cold turkey, suffering from lack of snacking, Smints and Evian water by the truckload, and 1 stone 13 pounds lost in weight, 2 inches off the waist, to this point, had we finally reached our goal? I sit in the lounge, avoiding Esquire, trying to spot people I might know in the back of “Suffolk” magazine when the smooth and reassuring tones of Derek greet my ears. I am called up to “the room”…
Derek and his lovely assistant make me feel at home as usual and we discuss the treatment and look at the digital imagery regarding my case. We know where we want to be with the treatment , but are we there yet..? Unfortunately, no we are not. It seems that the last 3 sets of aligners may not have worked their magic quite as effectively as the previous ones. However, Derek did mention that this could happen so now I am entering the ‘free’ refinement process stage, where we can continue alongside Invisalign to achieve the result we want. It works out that I need approximately another 3 months work and a few more sets of aligners.
I can’t wait to get my teeth and smile perfectly. I am booked in next week to see what further treatment I need, will update then.
- Mike’s Story - 16th June 2017
- Thursday 31st March… Fitting Day - 16th June 2017
- Friday the 1st April (no jokes please!) - 16th June 2017
- Sunday 3rd April - 16th June 2017
- Monday 23rd May - 16th June 2017
- Thursday 28th July - 16th June 2017
- Monday 22nd August - 16th June 2017
- Monday 3rd October - 16th June 2017
- Monday 20th February - 16th June 2017
- June - 16th June 2017