To our clients who have not yet met Laura, we would like to introduce her. Laura joined the Christchurch Dental team in September 2019.
Laura is a Dental Therapist. She carries out the work of a dental hygienist but also has additional qualifications that overlap her duties with a dentist.
Dental therapy dates back to 1917 where at the time there was a shortage of dental officers and the armed forces needed to recruit higher numbers for World War I.
In response to the shortage, some countries (England included) recruited ‘dental dressers’. Dental dressers were the first therapists in the world.
Dental therapists train for 3 years at university and are registered with the general dental council to carry out duties including examinations, fillings and recementing crowns to name but a few.
Laura is an integral part of the Christchurch team and works alongside Derek and Ash to provide uniform care to all of our clients.
When it comes to enhancing her skills, Laura, as with all of our clinicians regularly undertakes courses to ensure exceptional clinical skills. She is currently undertaking a postgraduate course covering aesthetic dentistry and periodontics.
Laura is a dedicated and caring dental professional and we are delighted she is part of the Christchurch Team.
- Looking ahead - 15th July 2021
- Laura the Dental Therapist - 1st June 2021
- The importance of hygiene visits - 6th May 2021
- Teeth Straightening with Invisalign - 19th April 2021
- Smile Anxiety - 7th April 2021
- Common tooth brushing mistakes - 8th March 2021
- The importance of attending regular dental appointments - 2nd February 2021
- New Year habits - 18th January 2021
- Caring for your Child’s Teeth - 6th November 2020
- Tooth Whitening – the ‘White’ way - 21st October 2020