I decided that today would be the day that I write my next blog. So far this morning, I’ve made several phone calls, dealt with my growing inbox and had 3 cups of tea all with my next blog ticking away in the back of my mind, hoping that at some point I would have a eureka moment on what exactly to blog about but no eureka moments today. This could have easily made me put it off for another day but instead I’ve decided to blog about ‘nothing’.
Wouldn’t it have been easy to just put it off and focus on one of my many other tasks? Of course it would! I would still have a sense of fulfilment as I ticked more jobs off my list but the blog would still be looming over me.
I find we are all guilty of that, from leaving the washing up to leaving that cavity that the dentist found at your last oral health check. The problem is that the washing up will continue to build up and that cavity won’t be getting any smaller either. In dentistry we often find that what starts off as a very small problem in the mouth and that you didn’t even know was there, can very quickly become a larger and more expensive problem. The point of view from the client is that it’s only small, it can wait. However, then they are too busy to attend their next oral health review or book that filling appointment and by the time they come back again that small problem has grown or they are booking in for an emergency appointment because now they have toothache and don’t just need a filling now, they need more extensive treatment.
The one good piece of advice that I can give you today, is don’t put it off, my blog would have been even harder to write tomorrow, the pile of washing up will take longer tomorrow and if you have been putting off that filling you might be waking up with toothache and a larger dental bill tomorrow.
- Laura the Dental Therapist - 1st June 2021
- The importance of hygiene visits - 6th May 2021
- Teeth Straightening with Invisalign - 19th April 2021
- Smile Anxiety - 7th April 2021
- Common tooth brushing mistakes - 8th March 2021
- The importance of attending regular dental appointments - 2nd February 2021
- New Year habits - 18th January 2021
- Caring for your Child’s Teeth - 6th November 2020
- Tooth Whitening – the ‘White’ way - 21st October 2020
- Dental Anxiety – a barrier we can lift together - 23rd September 2020