You may think that straightening your teeth is purely for people who are concerned about their appearance, but there is growing evidence that you can actually improve your health by straightening your teeth as well.
Apart from the obvious benefits of a beautiful smile, here are some other reasons why straight teeth are beneficial:-
- Straighter teeth tend to lead to better oral hygiene. When teeth are straight, it is usually easier to brush and floss effectively, making your oral health routine more effective at removing plaque and trapped food.
- If teeth are aligned incorrectly or are crooked, it usually means that the top and bottom jaw do not meet correctly when the person is biting or chewing. Over long periods of time this excessive force can lead to pain in the jaw as well as the face and ears. This can also be a cause of a migraine.
- Overcrowded and crooked teeth allow for the growth of harmful bacteria. These bacteria have been proven to not only lead to gum disease but also to heart disease and stroke.
If you would like to chat to us about your orthodontic options, including Invisalign invisible braces, please contact the Christchurch Team on 01473 250977.
- Mike’s Story - 16th June 2017
- Thursday 31st March… Fitting Day - 16th June 2017
- Friday the 1st April (no jokes please!) - 16th June 2017
- Sunday 3rd April - 16th June 2017
- Monday 23rd May - 16th June 2017
- Thursday 28th July - 16th June 2017
- Monday 22nd August - 16th June 2017
- Monday 3rd October - 16th June 2017
- Monday 20th February - 16th June 2017
- June - 16th June 2017